Tuesday, October 21, 2014

sick kitty

I took this poor cat to the vet yesterday. 


He had been sneezing, coughing, and wheezing, and he sounded all stuffed up. The vet has him on a course of antibiotics, and assures me that he'll be feeling better in a couple of days. She took a blood sample and gave him a physical exam. He's lost 3 pounds since our last visit. "His eyes are showing signs of aging," she told me. My eyes welled up with tears when I heard that.

Our cat is almost 15 (that's the equivalent of 76 human years!). I've had him for so long that I honestly don't remember what life was like before him. I've never been able to think about him being gone. I always shut down that thought immediately, I dare not let my mind go to that horrible place. This cat has never been sick in his life until now. It absolutely breaks my heart to see him miserable. I'm hoping we hear good news from the vet tomorrow when his test results come back.

I am sad, and I am scared.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...