Saturday, October 25, 2014

Small Spaces: 5 Questions with Joanne Titolo

Two of the newest pieces for Small Spaces are located on N. 6th Street. 



Artist Joanne Titolo produced two pieces of stark contrast: the piece up high is a painting of rocks, and the piece on street level is an installation of soft, white feathers.



Zach and I requested for Joanne to participate in our "5 Questions" series, and here are her answers.

1. What is your background in art?
I have a BA in fine art with a focus in painting, but continue to expand my knowledge. 

2. What other media do you work in besides what you are doing for Small Spaces?
I now work in metals, both precious and base, natural and found objects, and pit fired clay.

3. Where do you get your inspiration and style?
My inspirations come from the natural world and it's many forms. My style has evolved over the years. 
  
4. Is there a message you are trying to get across with your art?
 I don't consciously try to make messages. I just work.
  
5. Where (online or otherwise) can we view more of your work?
I have a studio in Battle Ground, IN, show in Artists' Own Gallery in Lafayette, IN,  and can be found on the web at www.terralunastudio.net

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...